A reduced carb, higher protein Brazilian Bread recipe from Chef Denise Mazal from Little Gretel in Boerne, TX. Makes about 24 servings of mini breads.
- 1 egg
- 220 ml milk
- ¼ cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoons (3 grams) salt
- 2/3 cup (75 grams) Grain4Grain 1 to 1 Replacement Flour
- 3 tablespoons (25 grams) tapioca flour
- ½ cup (60 grams) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) Xanthan gum
- Preheat oven to 425F/218C.
- Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth.
- Pour batter into nonstick muffin pan filling it to almost full.
- Place in the oven, and after 5 minutes reduce the heat to 400F.
- Bake for additional 20 minutes.
- Let it cool for couple of minutes and then remove the bread on a wire rack to cool.